If you’re trying to lose fat it begins with the food you choose. Eliminate these 7 foods from your diet and watch your waist and hips disappear and your health improve.
1. Ditch the cereal for breakfast. Cereal is killing your fat loss potential. It doesn’t matter what type of so called healthy cereal you’re eating, as soon as you eat it you store it as fat. Cereal makes your blood sugar spike which causes insulin to increase moving glycogen into muscles and the liver and storing the rest in fat cells. Instead eat eggs with diced tomato and sweet peppers. Add some sausage or ham for extra flavor.
2. Forget about bread. Bread is just like cereal and does the same thing. Eat too much and insulin level increase and stay up. Too much insulin blocks the body’s ability to release fat to be burned. Begin using lettuce as your new bun or wrap. Lettuce is primarily water and fiber and does nothing to your blood sugar but improve its management.
3. Say good bye to pasta and noodles. Too many of these refined carbohydrates will quickly put you in blood sugar overload. Ever wonder why you get sleepy after huge dish of pasta? It’s your blood sugar crashing due to all those simple carbs. In addition, you feel hungry within 2-3 hours of eating. Once the pasta is converted to fat everything in the stomach disappears fast and you feel like you need to eat again. Instead of pasta use a spiral shredder and make veggie noodles out of zucchini and squash. They are better for you and barely move the blood sugar needle.
4. Stop eating rice. I know you think I am the grain police, but too many grains will make you fat plain and simple. Rice is another food that’s quickly converted to sugar and stored as fat and raises insulin levels making it impossible to burn fat. I hope this is sinking in. Instead shred cauliflower and flavor it with your favorite spices like turmeric, black pepper and a little olive oil. This is a great food for men and their prostate gland and it contains very few calories.
5. Get rid of the SODA! In my opinion you are drinking liquid fat, because at the end of the day that’s what it’s converted to. Loaded with high fructose corn syrup, it’s a major contributor to many chronic diseases and a leading cause of obesity. Begin drinking water or tea without the sugar of course. If you need sweetener in your tea apply the next food on the list.
6. Throw your sugar and artificial sweetener away. Pure sugar plays havoc on your blood sugar and insulin levels and by now we know high insulin levels are bad when it comes to fat loss. As for artificial sweeteners we don’t know the long term effects on the body, however preliminary data tells us it might not be good. I’ll leave it at that and let you do your own research. Replace sugar and artificial sweeteners with coconut sugar, raw honey or pure maple syrup. These sweeteners come from real food and can be beneficial to you.
7. News Flash….Little Debbie Wants To Make You FAT. Stop eating baked goods that spike your blood sugar and contain absolutely no nutrients. If this is your snack of choice you will never lose fat. Witch to whole food snacks. Mix almonds, walnuts, raisins and dark chocolate chips and use it as a trail mix snack. Blend yogurt with peaches or strawberries for a protein rich snack complete with probiotics and antioxidant.
Eliminate these things from your diet and watch the fat melt away easier than you ever thought possible.
Helping You Make Better Choices,