I’ll be honest, I thought beets were gross and never thought about eating them until I saw the health benefits! After reading several articles on the health benefits I decided it was time to find a way to make them palatable. That’s when I added them to my smoothies. After a while I began to eat them with my salads and now I eat them almost everyday. Read below and discover why beets may be the best vegetable you can add to your diet.
Release nitric oxide which expands blood vessels and increases mitochondria efficiency. Researchers suggest it may lower blood pressure and increase endurance performance.
Delivers betalains antioxidants that research suggests decreases risk for heart disease and diabetes. In addition, research states it may inhibit the formation of nitrosamines a cancer causing compound. More research needs to be completed but may reduce the risk specifically to lung and skin cancer.
Delivers betain a common substance used to treat depression.
Provides tryptophan which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of health and well-being.
Contains boron a substance directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
Believed to cleanse the body of unwanted toxins which are made water soluble so the toxins can be excreted through urine.
Contains vitamin A,C, B and folate.
Contains the minerals manganese, magnesium, potassium and iron a true super food.
Helping You Improve Your Health,
Turmeric is a spice found in almost all Indian dishes. However, over the past several years this spice has shown to have some amazing health benefits that range from cancer prevention/treatment to weight loss. I found this spice when I was searching for foods that lower blood pressure. Because blood pressure was linked to chronic systemic inflammation I started using Turmeric as an anti-inflammatory and feel it’s a major reason I was able to quell my blood pressure with diet alone.
- Can be used to disinfect cuts and burns. Antibacterial and antiseptic agent and speeds wound healing.
- Potent anti-inflammatory; works as well as other anti-inflammatories without the side effects. Recent research suggest it aids in the treatment of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- When used with cauliflower has been shown to prevent prostate cancer and slow growth of tumors already present.
- In animal studies prevented the spread of breast and lung cancer.
- May prevent melanoma and inhibit its growth.
- Improves liver health; natural detoxifier.
- Slows or prevents Alzheimer’s disease removing amyloyd plaque in the brain. Men and women 70-79 years of age in India have ¼ the Alzheimer’s diagnosis as men and women in the US. Indians use turmeric in most foods.
- In animal studies it’s slowed the progression of multiple sclerosis.
- A natural pain killer; a cox-2-inhibitor.
- In research it’s stopped the growth of blood vessels that feed tumors.
- In laboratory research it’s programmed the death of colon cancer cells. More research must be accomplished.
- Suppresses inflammation in the digestive tract associated with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Preliminary studies suggest it may help in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Research suggests it may work as an antifungal treatment.
- Curcumin used prior to cancer treatment makes cancer cells more vulnerable to chemo and radiation. Curcumin gives turmeric its yellow color.
- Should consult with your doctor before using if you have been diagnosed with gallstones or bile obstruction.
- Should consult with your doctor before using if you’re pregnant. Turmeric is a uterine stimulant.
Improving Your Health,